Links at Northwestern University
- CiteSeer - The ultimate source
of Computer Science related research material. CiteSeer is a search engine
that specialises in Computer Science papers with automatic Referencing and
- ACM - Homepage of the Association for
- ACM Digital Library - Publications of Journals, Proceedings and
Conferences under the ACM umbrella. Some material might require Membership.
- IEEE - Homepage of the Institute of
Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
- A bibliography of Impossible figures.
- My Own Illusions page - A collection of various Illusions found in Books
and around the Internet. Most of them remodeled for the web. Some
explanations are given
- Pulfrich Illusion
- An animated ball at the top of the page will appear to be moving in and
out of the screen as it cycles back and forth.
Benham Fechner Colour Illusion
Also sometimes called subjective colour illusion. This illusion
generally consists of a spinning disk that is half black and half painted with
concentric patterns (black and white). When spun at the right frequency range,
the illusion of coloured rings appears. Various explanations exist and none
- Afrigraph - Homepage of the
International Conference on Computer Graphics, Visualization, Virtual
Reality and Interaction.
- Eurographics - European Association
for Computer Graphics.
- NPAR - Web Site for the
International Symposium on Non-Photorealistic Animation and Rendering.
Looking for any useful information, like proceedings etc.? Check out the
relevant ACM portal pages here
(link may change)
- SIGGRAPH - Special Interest
Group Graphics. Organizer of arguably the biggest and most important
graphics conference out there.
3D Models, Editors, etc.
- More Links - A
handful of more links to models etc.
- Project that aims at using NPR in Archeology.
- Finding NPR Papers -
A very comprehensive list of links and resources relating to NPR hosted at
the University of Utah.
- Stylized Depiction in Computer
Graphics - Slightly outdated but fairly comprehensive list of NPR
publications, models, research groups, etc. Subdivided into sections for
Links at UCT
CS Departments at other Universities
- Free Vodacom SMS -
As the title promises
- Tucows - Fast Freeware and Shareware downloads in SA (mirrors exist around